Vacancy for Contracts Manager
Driven by continued growth, we are currently looking to expand our existing team. As one of the county’s longest standing construction companies, J R Slee Building Contractors are an established family run business and reputable Main Contractor based in Shropshire. Due to retirement, the company are now seeking to recruit an experienced and forward-thinking Contracts Manager to take management responsibility for the successful delivery of multiple projects. The company have built a great reputation for the quality of their work in New Build, extensions, refurbishments, listed buildings and conservation, and work across a number of sectors including Commercial, Education, Healthcare and Residential building projects.
Reporting to the Directors, you will be responsible for leading multiple projects ranging in size from a small extension to a large scale renovation project whilst maintaining the highest levels of environmental standards, health & safety, and project management. Working with the office and site teams to ensure all projects are delivered to high standard of workmanship, on time, to budget and to the client’s satisfaction. You will be expected to provide project direction, focus and consistency across various projects, demonstrate excellent commercial and contractual awareness.
Evidence of working to this level will be required via reference and testimonial from previous clients (if available).
• A successful track record of project completion on projects from varying sectors including Heritage
• Commercial awareness and contractual knowledge
• Proven leadership and negotiation skills
• The ability to build and maintain good working relationships at all levels
• Build and develop new and existing customer relationships.
• Managing and monitoring sub-contractors performance
• Able to programme works, plan critical dates and deliver to timescales set
• Ensuring full compliance with all Quality, Health and Safety and Environmental issues.
• Have excellent IT skills
• Have a positive approach towards problem solving and dispute resolution
• Acquiring and Organising labour.
• SMSTS, CSCS, Scaffold Inspection Training Scheme (SITS) and First Aid
• HNC/HND or degree level equivalent in a related construction subject / 5+ years’ experience as a Contracts Manager.
• Full UK Driving Licence
Offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory background check which may include a criminal record check
Please send your CV to: Helen Slee. Email email@example.com